The dress code at Immaculate Conception School as defined herein is to be adhered at all times by all students. The administration and faculty reserve the right to make the final decision on the appropriateness of clothing and dress. Extremes in hair, hair accessories, clothing or accessories will not be permitted. Students may not wear or carry clothing, accessories, jewelry, or any other items that promote alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, violence, illicit organizations or anything inappropriate to a Catholic School environment, or has language, pictures, or symbols that are sexually explicit or which pertain to or can be interpreted as pertaining to any of the above. This applies during the school day and to all occasions when students are in school-sponsored activities or represent Immaculate Conception School. The purpose of the dress code is to promote our Catholic identity and to foster a uniform, respectful environment at school and discourage distractions from current fashion trends.
Uniform requirements for students in grades Kindergarten through 8.
Shorts, Pants, Skorts and Belts:
- solid plain dark navy or khaki cotton or cotton-poly blend twill uniform shorts, pants or skorts (no stretch fabric)
- shorts must be knee-length; no cargo style pants or shorts allowed.
- shorts may be worn from April 1-October 31.
- only plain black, brown or navy leather belts may be worn, no decorations of any sort.
- with NAVY pants or shorts: WHITE knit with a collar, plain with no logo or decoration; plain white t-shirts or turtlenecks may be worn under uniform shirts. Navy shirts can not be worn with navy pants.
- with KHAKI pants or shorts: NAVY or WHITE knit with a collar, plain with no logo or decoration; plain white t-shirt or turtlenecks may be worn under uniform shirts.
- shirts must be tucked in at all times and be of appropriate length to be tucked in.
- plain navy blue, royal blue or grey crew neck sweatshirt or with IC logo purchased from the school, may be worn over the uniform shirt.
- Hooded sweatshirt purchased from the school may be worn over the uniform shirt.
Tights or leggings
- solid white, navy or black, ankle length
- only to be worn with skorts in cooler months
- only gym shoes may be worn during school.
- No slip on dress shoes. No knee-high gym shoes.
- students wearing boots to school in bad weather must change into gym shoes upon entering the classroom.
- Socks must be worn at all times with shoes
- official ICS gym uniforms are required and must be purchased through the school
- students will wear their gym uniform to school on their assigned day.
Jewelry & Accessories
- small stud type earrings are permitted; no dangling or hoop earrings.
- one earring per ear and worn in ear lobe.
- one watch is permitted
- necklaces and bracelets are not permitted
- one ring per hand is permitted.
There are no uniform guidelines for preschool students but we do require that they wear gym shoes with socks to school every day. Boots and sandals are not permitted.